I’m back, Finally! A good family brunch is always an inspiration. Let me start with another recipe. I did not cook this one though. My mother did. She was at the kitchen making one of my favorite chicken dish – Tinolang Manok translated as… Chicken Tinola!
1. Chicken Slices salted and set aside (6 cuts in this recipe) meh, around 500g if I calculated that right. LOL (bad at Math here)
2. 5 cloves Garlic, 1 onion, 2 tomatoes
3. 1 stalk of lemon grass (please don’t uproot the whole thing from the ground just cut what you need that’s what I did).
4. 1 branch Moringa leaves (just kidding, but I actually did that) or 7 stalks or less depends on your preference (eat A LOT of green leafy. It’s good for you!)
5. 1 small green papaya (as big as a guy’s fist them body builder’s) I have no idea in grams forgive me. Peeled and sliced like the one on the photo (scrape out the seeds with a spoon and throw them away).
6. Salt and peppers to taste (optional: Cayenne pepper)
7. thumb size flattened Ginger (optional) for added flavor and health benefits 😉
1. Saute number 1 & 2 until 1 turned from pink to white. (lol sorry for messing with you). Drop the ginger before the next step.
2. Then add WATER! my goodness I forgot the water in the ingredients! Sorry. Add around 3 cups of water (or depends upon your preference). Bring to boil. (add the ginger on this part)
3. When water is boiling put in low heat add #5 (le papaya) and lemon grass simmer for 10mins or until papaya is tender.
4. Add the bell peppers and moringga simmer 5 mins. Salt and peppers to taste. Yes peppers. (black and cayenne for me)
5. (Throw away the lemon grass at this point) then Serve with rice. Enjoy while hottt!